Looking for an affordable dentist for cosmetic work? In the hands of an artistic cosmetic dentist, a smile makeover with porcelain veneers can be stunning. But if you’re on a budget, are press-on veneers a good alternative?
Five considerations for porcelain veneers from an affordable dentist vs. press on veneers
- Porcelain veneers process – When you receive porcelain veneers, your dentist prepares your teeth for the veneers, takes impressions of your teeth, and the veneers are made by a dental lab. The veneers are made of porcelain.
- Press-on veneers process – You will need impressions of your teeth to receive press-on veneers, but they fit over your teeth without preparation from a dentist, similar to a Snap-On Smile. The veneers are made of plastic resin.
- A comparison of the aesthetics – Porcelain has properties that can make your veneers look and feel like natural teeth. Plastic resin, which press-on veneers are made of, often looks bulky and fake. Also, the shape of your teeth won’t look natural.
- The cost – Press-on veneers are relatively inexpensive and can cost a few hundred dollars. Depending on where you live in the U.S., porcelain veneers can cost $1000 or more per veneer, but the results will be stunning and lasting.
- Long-term results – Depending on how well you take care of them, porcelain veneers can last 15 to 20 years or longer. If worn every day, press-on veneers will wear out quickly. A warranty for press-on veneers is usually for three to twelve months.
What Are the Options to Achieve a Beautiful Smile?
Most people want a bright smile. That can often be achieved with teeth whitening. If your teeth are in good shape, whitening them can rejuvenate your smile.
If your teeth have chips or cracks or are uneven, dental bonding can repair and shape them. A skilled cosmetic dentist has the tools and materials in his or her office to provide bonding that matches the color and characteristics of your natural teeth. Your teeth can be whitened before you receive dental bonding, and bonding will be applied to match your bright smile.
If you want a long-lasting smile makeover, porcelain veneers produce beautiful results. An expert cosmetic dentist can determine if you need veneers on a single tooth, multiple teeth, or all the teeth that show when you smile. At times, a combination of dental treatments can prevent you from needing as many porcelain veneers as you think.
Schedule a Consultation
Find an experienced cosmetic dentist to discuss your treatment options and how the treatment you need can be made affordable for you. Affordable dentistry isn’t cheap dentistry. Your dentist will work with you and provide payment options.
In Plano, TX, Dr. Miranda Lacy is an affordable dentist who produces high-quality cosmetic work. Schedule a consultation with her to discuss your options.